Code of conduct
- Visitors are expected to behave in a reasonable manner. In surrounding lanes and countryside, regular pathways should be used. Boundaries must be observed. Where the privacy of neighbours is violated, the right is reserved by the Centre Manager to ask the offending visitors to leave.
- The use of any of the Centre’s equipment and the handling of animals is totally prohibited unless a member of Staff from Woodlands Adventure is present.
- At least one member of visiting staff must accompany each group on activities.
- The Centre Manager/Duty Instructor will report misbehaviour to the leader in charge, who must be present on-site at all times. However, the right is reserved by him to correct visitors and, if necessary to require the leader to remove the offending visitor(s) from the Centre. All damages must be paid for.
- Fires may only be lit in areas specified by the Duty Manager/Duty Instructor.
- The disfigurement of trees and shrubs will not be tolerated.
- Breakages or damage to Woodlands Adventure property must be notified to the Centre Manager/Duty Instructor immediately, who will arrange for the leader to be charged.
- All accidents and incidents, no matter how trivial MUST be reported to the Centre Manager/Duty Instructor IMMEDIATELY. Except for its own negligence, BBGU will not be responsible for any personal injuries suffered by visitors or damage to health or damage/loss to their property or goods, however arising.
- All vehicles and belongings are left at your own risk.
- Smoking and the consumption of alcohol are not permitted on site. Anyone found using illegal substances will be reported to the relevant authorities.
- Residential and canvas groups are asked to respect quiet on site from 11.00pm through to 7.30am.
- All outside vendors, caterers, bouncy castles, DJs, etc, will be required to send a copy of all relevant licenses, proof of public liability insurance and food hygiene certificates to the centre at the time of booking. You will also require a separate public liability policy for any activities not instructed by BBGU staff.
- For the protection of livestock on adjacent farmland and the health and safety of other guests, no pets, animals and, in particular, dogs (except guide dogs – but please advise the management) are allowed on site.
- Groups who arrive before 1.00pm may not be allowed into the building before that time. Departing groups on a Wednesday and Friday must be clear of the dormitories by 9.00am, main building by 10.00am and site by 11.00am. This is to allow for cleaning and floors to dry as specified by our Insurers with regard to Health and Safety (residential groups only). You must depart from Woodlands Adventure by 11.00am, in order for the next group to check in and arrive.
Whilst the BBGU makes every effort to maintain the highest level of safety in all the centre’s activities, participants must recognise that, due to the nature of adventurous activities, the risk of injury cannot be completely ruled out.
A set of our rules is also downloadable in the downloads area of the booking page.